Welcome to Your Safe Haven for All Opinions on Outing.
Here in Boom’s Playground, it is our mission to provide an outlet for writing with no bounds. As long as posts do not instill hate, we believe all opinions, writing styles, and voices should be heard in the world of outing. No filters. No scrutiny. No agenda. Just real people doing badass things. And oh, of course, writing about these things.
Looking for the newest posts? Or something from a particular time? Say no more. Click away.
- 15 Environmental No-No's of Backpacking
- 7 Reasons Why Cooking on Trail is Overrated
- Acclimating to the Pacific Crest Trail
- Backpacking's Dearth of Diversity: A Problem That Can't Be Ignored
- Casting for Naked and Afraid
- Craziest Things I've Experienced While Backpacking
- Finding Contenment in Your Through-Hiking Pace
- Hiking and Mental Health: A Direct Correlation
- Marijuana: The Elephant in the Room
- Massachusetts Ski Areas: Ranked
- Social Media: Two Worlds Divided
- The Ghost Moose: A Horrifying Reality
- What It's Like to Come Home from a Through Hike
Don’t feel like constantly checking up on the site? No worries. We’ll email you new posts.
Want to write for us? Have a question? Seeking to condemn? You’re in luck. We have an email. And yes, we respond to to all inquiries, not just “serious” ones.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We promise.